View Single Post
Old 3 Jul 2007, 10:49 (Ref:1953292)   #4
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
One great big difference that you have failed to highlight, on course betting, thats the attraction with horse racing. I know it has been tried with motorsport but I don't think it really works the same somehow. I mean you can go to the paddock at a horse race and if you know what you are doing or think you do can study the creature on the day and if it looks fit and fisesty place a bet, if not bet on something else but in motorsport there is no real way of knowing who is on form that day not at club level anyhow and just by looking at the car, I have seen some right old nails that would grace a banger race really going well come the race so how do you base your form for a bet. Then of course it would also be wide open to abuse, cheating and sandbagging if betting was involved even worse than a horse race.

I don't think the other televised stuff, the awful BTCC does us any favours either I cannot be bothered to even watch it on TV and would not cross the road to see it live and I'm a motorsport fan or supposed to be, they killed it the day they allowed spoilers etc!

Last edited by Al Weyman; 3 Jul 2007 at 10:58.