View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2014, 08:43 (Ref:3440067)   #1354
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There have been many P1 privateer chassis and more notably engine options available for this new format but no customers to run them. I don't actually blame BoP (for once ) for the lack of interest but the lack of opportunity to run them anywhere but in this one series. It's the only ACO category to do so.

And as for them running behind the factories, it's just inevitability, not the fault of BoP. Even if ACO trimmed them down to 7XXkgs or whatever I'd see the Ls lacking in pace. Which, in a way, they should because while the aim of the organizers should be to provide reasonable opportunity for them to strike "when factories thumble", they shouldn't be made artificially as fast as the factories "just because". There'd be no merit in that. Mr Beaumesnil has been saying this as well for some time now

With former ALMS P2 it was different as anyone, (effectively) factory or privateer could enter that, but LMP1-L is strictly just privateers.

Also while diesels where obviously ludicrously ahead few years ago you still had 20 car grids... I'd say primaly cause you could run them all around the globe, also in races where diesels weren't present (and as for LM, well it's LM so you know)

Anyway all of this is just nitpicking, I guess we agree on some principles It's just the ELMS bit that makes me grind a bit

Last edited by Deleted; 30 Jul 2014 at 08:55.