View Single Post
Old 6 Feb 2010, 12:31 (Ref:2627829)   #3
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have an 02 plate Impreza Gx wagon 2.0 litre (non turbo), its on 90k miles now and we have only had any real issues worth mentioning in last 6 months, rear wheelbearing gone, quite common at that millage and a nightmare to remove (seized hub bolt)
A new wideband Lambda sensor was also required due to excessive thirst and failing the mot emmisions test.
A rear strut spring pan also rotted through.. I've welded it for a quick fix and will keep an eye on it to see how it holds up.
One of the front dampers is also getting a bit tired but all these parts are consumer parts and replacements are to be expected at that age/millage as with all cars.

I also opened the passenger door one morning during the big freeze to be greeted by a fully grown rat on the passenger seat!. I got rid of it and haven't had a problem since but how it got in is a mystery.

My partner lost it on black ice on christmas day, she spun backwards into a ditch hitting a bank, I had to tow it out with a tractor due to it being grounded and expected a lot of panel damage and a bent rear suspension arms but was amazed to find it nearly 100% unscathed with just a minor scratch on the front bumper.

Very tough, well bolted together but not designed for ease of access for DIY mechanics, ie the whole front light unit has to be removed just to change a side light bulb.
A bit on the heavy side, not very quick and a bit gutsy due to the extra weight of the 4wd system but very dependable, very stable and obviously great traction if a bit dull, uninvolving to drive with the vague steering, but then it is just a family car after all.

Last edited by Zico; 6 Feb 2010 at 12:46.