View Single Post
Old 25 Mar 2010, 09:01 (Ref:2659679)   #19
MG Rover Sport
Veteran

England
MG Rover Sport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCA View Post
I hope to find out some information about my car that was run by Chris Pope and the Castle Combe Rally School.
Hi Chris - don't say I never do anything for you!

Here's a photo I found of your ex-Chris Pope car within a 1994 issue of Rover Sport News that I mentioned. Apologies that it's a little ropey, but it was enlarged quite a bit from the printed original - the cropping to the right is as per the original, sorry...

...is that your car?

Chris finished 4th Overall in the 1993 Dunlop Rover 114 GTi Cup in the Castle Combe Rally School / RLE Motorsport run car, and actually won the Race & Rally School Challenge outright as well!

Have you tried asking RLE Motorsport directly? In a quick www search, I have found that (if they're the same company?) RLE Motorsport Promotions was run by Roger Evans. His details (found on a 1997 Mintex National Rally Championship link - I gather he was the series co-ordinator) are as follows -

RLE Motorsport Promotions
PO Box 15
Bridgend CF31 3YD
Tel: 01656 650228
Fax: 01656 650002
Email: rle.m3 @ lineone.net (remove gaps before sending email)

I have no problem posting Roger's contact details on here as they are already out there in the public domain - I have merely reposted them. Just bare in mind that these contact details are 13 years old so could well be out of date - it may also not even be the same company! - but I'd certainly give them a try Chris.

Good luck.