Parramatta_Power
Rookie

Australia
You Know, You Know...
Parramatta_Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atle Gulbrandsen View Post
What's the AT-class?

I raced against the Sciroccos in SP3T last year, and wonders if they will be back in that class.

Atle Gulbrandsen
www.atlegulbrandsen.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I think Paramattza Power is refering to the natural gas driven Sciroccos in the AT class for Turbocharged cars running on Alternative fuels.
Yeah, thats the one, a class with mix of Diesel powered machines. Alte Gulbrandsen, I have to ask, whats the "Green Hell" a.k.a Nurburgring like other than being an incredible challenge???

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemanjas View Post
Yup, Scirocco GT24 is pretty good. But full factory support, factory drivers that also adds a great deal of performance. OPC supported two Phoenix Astras in 2008, and they did pretty well, also. For a 3T class, anyways.

They should let loose GT2 class or exclude it completely. Choking GT2's to enable GT3 class fighting chance for overall is pointless - IMHO.
It brings out the vehicles true competitive edge, to the point it was not far off the GT3 cars Lap Times. I guess VW see it as a great promotional tool for the new model and it sure as hell is (at the moment) a success. I agree, performance balancing(another term for making faster cars Heavier, Less Efficient, Less Competitive and therefore Slower) is a pain. It shouldn't be the teams with more agile vehicles who have to pick up the slack. They have a more loose interpretation of it in the Dubai 24 Hour but since no GT2 Cars enter the race, they haven't used it yet.

Last edited by Parramatta_Power; 13 Jan 2010 at 13:13.