Old 25 Jan 2012, 14:52 (Ref:3016821)   #9
Paul Carr
Rookie

Canada
Canada. Very far Nth
Paul Carr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
brabham BT11.

My name is Paul Carr.
Recent joined forum reading lots of interesting posts mainly of things that interest me or I was involved with.
Non more than the BT11 debate. I have been a race mech all my working life and as a young man remember being involved with a couplof cars that may have been BT11s. I can remember working on a ex David Hepworth car ran for a Blackburn motor trader called John Wallwork we took it to the Isle of man. A traco Buick,this car was sold to a chap in liverpool called ? Chapman.
Then low and behold another Hepwoth Traco Buick turned up which we quickly converted to race in the F5000 seies for John Brannigan. we added extra fuel tanks, front and rear wings and rear oil coolers. All the new parts were made by Phil Scragg Eng in Bollington. I think we entered it for a gold cup meeting at Oulton and took it to Aintree a couple of times. John then bought a Lola T142 and sold the Brabham shipped out to Costa Rica. That must have been 1969 to 71 period.
Then back in the mid 90s while working out in Florida in the Hooters series I get a call from Yanoshik who had just bought the car less engine, he was bringing it back to the USA.
I am really not sure what these cars were could they have been BT11 may be they might account for any gaps in the history.
Paul