Old 30 Nov 2013, 01:51 (Ref:3338410)   #11
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateModel24 View Post
NASCAR doesn't need FIA circuits because it seems everyone in the US just about ignores the FIA anyway.
Yes, we pretty much do and we do fine without them, probably allot better that if we didn't ignore them!

Quote:
The Euro series is an FIA-certified International series and that brings some of this baggage with it.
Yes, I would imagine so!

Quote:
I've heard the Rockingham rumours and several variations:
- big oval
- one of the road layouts
- oval with chicanes (argh!!)
and so on.
Hopefully, if they ever run there, it will be on the oval. Yes, it's a bit bigger than the 1.1 mile, but being flat, they won't build up as much speed as they would if it were banked like most of the ovals here. Speeds should not be that much greater and I imagine they would put on a pretty good race there.

Quote:
You need to understand how peoples minds work in Europe: road courses mean turning left and right; ovals mean turning left. Well, that's only 50% of the road course so must be easier....
That, my friend, I will not ever try to say that I understand! I don't say that in any derogatory manner, I simply mean that it seems that on practically everything, the European mind and the U.S. mind are diometrically opposed. VERY difficult to understand, when people are so opposite, in their ways of thinking. They think ovals as so much easier, just shows you that they really don't have a clue!