View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2014, 14:58 (Ref:3396241)   #10
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerworker View Post
Which track limits would those be, as the pictures of 1,3,5 & 6 look okay but not 2 & 4?
From the Renault's attitude on number 5, I would guess that if the photo had been taken a millisecond later, it would have been off the track limits; so, a probable 50% transgression rate. However, my comments were based not just on these photos, but on others provided from the same point at the same meeting which are posted elsewhere.

I seem to belong to a small group of like-minded racers and ex-racers who happen to believe that the white line delinates the track limit, no matter what fancy paintwork lies beyond it. I would be quite happy to see brick walls built at these chicanes, because it would take more skill to negotiate that rather than the current trend.

And it can be done - not the walls, I mean. Viewing the BTCC yesterday at Donington, I was pleased to see that vey few of the cars were using the curbs at the Craner Curves and certainly not as launching pads as in previous years, and more of them were able to exit Roberts without running over the curbing. I assume the drivers were notified of potential penalties at the briefings.

So, it can be done.