Thread: Self Indulgence
View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 2002, 21:48 (Ref:388438)   #32
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good one Neil,

On the subject of how motorcyclists are treated. Elephino is pretty well right. Up to six weeks ago I have riden to work each day, then for pleasure on the weekend. I've been riding for 20 years.

The best bit of advice I could give is not to trust anyone else. Especially that they have seen you. My observation is most people don't look in their mirrors. And those that do - do so every 20 seconds or so, not every four.

I really go blue in the face trying to tell people that at all times. They need to know what is around them. The green car behind in the lane, the white car about to over take in the lane on their right.

As a rider I take responsibility for others not seeing me by positioning myself out of harms way as much as possible. I haven't had any trouble from car drivers, you know any aggro at lights or anything. I try to keep my distance, don't even bother to lane split any more. Speed when it is safe to do so, not in town.

I also think that riding has made me a better, more observant driver.

That's my rambling thoughts on the subject.