View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2013, 15:26 (Ref:3318483)   #75
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
while i watched F1 in the 90 and early 2000's it was pre internet and i didnt get much F1 news so my recollection is limited.

my memory of the early 2000's at Mclaren, the multiple development cycles, and design by committee seemed like it was all made necessary by the failure the MP4-18 which never raced, the MP4-17 being reworked for the start of the 2003? season followed by similar problems with the MP4-19.

as i said though i dont know who takes ownership of those failures but i do seem to remember that after all of that Newey was forced out and or was looking for another team (challenge). was he just made the scapegoat or are Mclaren's problems really institutional in nature?