Thread: 2014 British GT
View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2014, 10:04 (Ref:3395460)   #113
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holymoly View Post
Earlier you mocked me for quoting what the Porsche driver said. But guess I need to repeat it. He asked the marshals to red flag it as his car was in an unsafe postion they said NO (I can use cap locks too). So that means I do know one wasn't requested.

These aren't international drivers they are a mix of gentleman drivers and pros. Both of these drivers were gentleman. Also with 2 drivers getting in and out of the car during a session if the yellow flag is removed how would the new driver know about the incident. The entry to that corner is over 100mph so a small mistake because a big one quickly.
That's the point, either he's been misquoted or somethin, as ASP said the marshals he would be talking too wouldn't have the authority/be in a position to say yes OR no for a red flag. More likely what happened was that the marshals heard over the scanner that a red flag may or may have been requested and had been declined. Either way the version of events put forward by the article CANNOT have happened...those marshals aren't in a position to say NO to a red flag request