View Single Post
Old 5 Nov 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1452969)   #20
AlMillion
Rookie

AlMillion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly, things seem all so simple when watching on TV. What none of us know or hear about are the political/internal disputes that may or may not be going on.

Estoril - John Bright was removed from the team at the last minute, and car performance took a big step backwards. Robbie's qualifying was screwed by Arden who set tyre pressures wrong by 10psi.

What are a team like Arden doing making mistakes like that? Some would say it could only be deliberate.

Robbie was in a 4-man test for the GB seat and clearly outperformed the other drivers despite having very little seat time in advance. 6 out of 7 of the people judging voted for Robbie first - on paper it looks like Alex was only ever meant to be a backup driver. Alex has since shamed himself by not being a team player on TV, I can't imagine that went unnoticed. He clearly can't hide the fact he hopes Robbie does so badly he gets a chance.

If you ask me, I reckon Arden have another driver they want to be driving for GB (probably someone that owes them money from F3000/GP2) and have been trying to 'encourage' Surtees/Team GB to see things their way, as well as demotivate Robbie.

Hopefully this will stop and they'll give Robbie a real chance to perform to the level he can (which in my opinion is higher than that of Neel Jani at least).

Robbie Kerr has not been the limiting factor for Team GB in races so far, I think that's pretty clear. Tomorrow's race will be very interesting.