Old 7 May 2008, 15:16 (Ref:2196135)   #35
Paddockman
Racer

England
Hampshire UK
Paddockman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider
actually being there, and standing at Surtees, seeing the cars on the TV literally look like they're trundling towards the corner and then to actually 'see' the car live infront of me, it is surprising just how much the TV coverage at times doesn't give much of an impression of the cars real speed.

Trust me, they're plenty fast enough to make it interesting and sufficiently ineffective aero-wise to make overtaking half-possible.

Standing at the top of Druids and watching the cars power up from Paddock is mighty impressive too, as is the exhaust note.

I hope they've learnt what works about A1, and don't bin that in pursuit of producing a car that laps 5 seconds a lap quicker...i'm sure they won't...

Agree wholeheartedly.

I think they may have realized that they need afew more low down cameras which do tend to recreate the "Speed" That is easier to do at Brands as you in some places do not have 300yds of gravel.

IMO with the more and more over the top safety measures this even affects TV coverage as low down close camera spots just can't be in place and the resulting high up zoomed shots can make the cars "Look Pedestrian"

This year they got it "Spot On" for the camera at Westfield which gave some great shots of the cars oversteering on the exit over the "Bump".

Last edited by Paddockman; 7 May 2008 at 15:21.