View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2014, 16:45 (Ref:3457874)   #8555
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Job
"I'm not a fan of GT3 as a concept; there's no technical rulebook; GT3-spec cars are things where manufacturers can build what they want and the series makes up the [Balance of Performance] to fit. The thing I don't like from a pure competition standpoint is your destiny is in the hands of the series. It's all about the BoP from the beginning, instead of it coming in at the end to make smaller adjustments. For me, that's just a conceptual problem.

"What happened to the days when you had a rulebook and the manufacturers built their best car to those rules. Now it's BoP'ing everything and it really came in with GT3. It seems like we can't stop that freight train."
While all of this is obviously true and I agree with it, I fail to see how what is said here doesn't already fully apply to current GTD...

Anyway in the article he says they'll likely continue in the series due to SCCA WC being sprint series and WEC is run too much outside NA. Other owners there as well, most interestingly Lindsey calling USCC officiliating lights years better than in World Challenge... ... ...