View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2012, 11:27 (Ref:3011851)   #1453
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
I actually meant pieces on Sky Sports News, in the last few days they had a reporter at the Ferrari Wrooom event and spoke with Gary Paffett at Autosport Intl i think, i know the Ferrari gig is heavily subsidised but it does make me wonder whether they'll send to Jerez and Barcelona to do interviews and updates. Could be quite illustrative if they do.
Ah ok I see. The BBC don't have a dedicated "Sports News" channel so I would expect Sky's version to have more scope to cover up and coming sporting events and do segments etc. Considering Sky have only just aquired the F1 coverage, I think its obvious they will now dedicate some of their news in its direction. The BBC plugged the 2009 season before it started and had adverts promoting the fact F1 was "back on the BBC". Sky had no interest in F1 (apart from brief stories) in its news from what I remember before they had the rights, so I think you'll see more of it now. In case you are wondering about my experience in that last sentence, Sky Sports News is on freeview.