View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 2008, 09:28 (Ref:2268910)   #71
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
1988 Silverstone TT.

The Fina car isn't one of the Belgian Fina team, but Stig Gruen's Swedish car- he appeared a few times in the ETCC that year, with Fina backing at Spa and Silverstone I believe- note he's running the hatchback version, rather than the 2-door favoured by the Belgians.

The plain white car is the CHMS car of Hodgetts, Colin Pearcy and Geoff Kimber-Smith. Sponsor was a company called 'Smith and Latimer' or something like that.

The green one is also CHMS, as mentioned a couple of posts back- I've cropped it out of the original photo and posted separately for a closer look. Hodgetts (cross-entered in both cars, but don't know which he actually raced- his new Brooklyn RS500 was entered I think but not ready in time), Patrick Watts and Harrison- anyone know a Christian name for him, as I don't have my race programme to hand

The fwd TOM'S GB car of Phil Dowsett/Tiff Needell which we've already talked about several times probably needs no introduction...They won the class here from one of the Belgian Fina cars with one of the Charouz/Marlboro team in 3rd. Gruen/Hoyer were 5th, the CHMS/Mezzanine car 6th and the Pearcy car 7th
Attached Thumbnails
Gruen 88tt.JPG   pearcy88tt edit.JPG   Watts 88TT.JPG  

dowsett88tt.JPG   Watts 88TT edit.JPG