View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 2005, 23:45 (Ref:1259326)   #1
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A1 Grand Prix: Will F1 drivers be interested?

Hey everyone just got done reading all about A1 at there site (http://www.a1gp.com/home.html) and the series sounds awsome and has a really unique and fun idea behind it that reminds me of World Cup Soccer or the Olympics only for Racing. This could be huge and capture the attention of the world as the two i mentioned before. Were talking 23 diffrent countries running teams with only one Driver to concentrate there full attention to, all racing with the same engines and chassies it will be one if not thee ultimate driver's championship.

Feel free to answer the question below if you are fan of Cart or IRL but what im asking F1 fans is do you think that F1 drivers will take part in racing in A1 since it wont interfere with them racing in the championship for F1 or will the teams who have them under contract be against it because they want them for testing. I know read some where the Jaun Pablo Montoya would consider racing in the series. Anyway let me know what you think.

The specs of the cars are at the site so I wont go into detail but it sounds like a fun interesting idea the only thing I have to say is with Races in Canda, Mexico, and the USA and the series taking place after IRL, CART, NassCar, and F1 are over with, could this blow up and really be succesful and take away fans from IRL and CART killing the both series if they dont find a way to intrigue fans again like before the split. I do not know if A1 will be racing on any Ovals but I would not be surprized if they have one or two on there list by the time they get under full swing. Maybe the race here in the United States will be an Oval. Although from what I can see is that this looks to be more of a Street Circuit and Road Course type of series which could mean more trouble for CART who already is trying to be to much like F1 and not being succesful at it. This may force them out of Australia, and any other race tracks out of North America and force them to revert back to North American Racing league only.

In other words I think this new A1 will become the second leading watched open wheel racing league Sport and the need for IRL & Cart to merge may become even more import for both Survive, or IRL and open wheel Oval racing will become the number 1 in America for open wheel racing and cause CART to go out of business. Because what would be the point of Cart when you have A1? Then again maybe im wrong and people will still watch Cart to watch them race on Street Circuits and Road Courses in North America and everything will go on as it has since 1996. Let me know on your thoughts guys.