View Single Post
Old 11 Jun 2014, 10:49 (Ref:3418495)   #273
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickoGP View Post
You sound like a Mark Webber supporter from last year

To finish first, first you must finish. I dare say they get equal equipment. If Vettel is thrashing it to try to keep up with Ricciardo then that's his problem. Or maybe it's just down to luck/chance/whatever that he's had some issues this year. Good on Ricciardo for capitalising.
Yes, Vettel hasn't been very lucky but Ricciardo certainly surprised a lot of people including me. It should be added that the RB is not only fragile, it also depends very much on qualifying success and the right strategy to win. As could be seen in Canada, there is hardly a way to get past Mercedes engined cars on the straight because the RB cars sacrifice so much straight line speed for superior cornering and are probably down on power anyway. Get stuck behind the Hulk for 15 laps and all the potential advantage in lap times is neutralised for that long. Much like last year when Webber got stuck in traffic while Vettel could capitalise on pole position and clean air. Minus the superior Mercedes, of course.