View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2012, 03:30 (Ref:3024705)   #2591
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I'd hope for the LM bodywork with the sprint wing and twin front dive planes, but if Audi didn't do that last year outside of LM practice, I can't really see them doing that now.

This will probably be the last race for the "old" R18, as I'd expect even the non-hybrid R18s from after Sebring to use the new tubs. For that reason, I don't see Audi doing anything radically different with the bodywork unless it's R&D for the new cars, and a while back it was reported by someone at Audi that they sort of dropped the ball with the "sprint" bodywork as it was too draggy for what they were aiming for because of its hurried development after focusing so much on the LM stuff.

So Audi could be doing nothing, or maybe something to make their cars more similar to the newer car's aero, though not exactly the same.