Old 25 May 2001, 03:54 (Ref:96348)   #7
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by redback
Just a thought but maybe the government should look into who is at fault in most pedestrian accidents.

I hate to hijack my own thread, but I cannot help but share this with you guys. I very nearly hit this young man one night - he was dressed in tennis whites and simply charged across the street in front of me without looking. What went through my mind: this guy was probably a cute young boy loved by him Mom, and raised with loving care. Sent through school with lots of parental sacrifice, told to do his homework and so on...... Suddenly, in the blink of an eye I would have destroyed all that if I did not have my foot over the brake pedal because I was about to turn left just up ahead. It was sheer luck that I did not kill him, and I would never have been able to live it down or forgive myself.

Sorry about changing teh subject slightly, but if I had hit this young man with a vehicle fitted with bullbars wit protrusions, fishing rod holders, this guy would have been a gonner. I was driving a Peugeot 505, and I suppose if I had hit him, he may have survived with only injuries - what a helluva load for me to carry for the rest of my life. Thanks but no thanks. PHEW. So, even if some pedestrians can be stupid, we don't need the anguish of killing the guy in an accident. I don't think I am making much sense, am I? I'll post this anyway.