View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2001, 15:31 (Ref:65908)   #5
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hunt

Its OK coming up with names but somebody has to pay for it.

Running a BTC car isn't going to be cheap. It will still cost around the same to run as an Independent Super Tourer.

The manufacturers reckon the BTC is cheap, but they are comparing £10 million a year with £4 million a year.

To run a BTC team with all the pit gear, pit crew plus other team personnel. Plus premises, transport and accomodation costs is already a few hundred thousand per year before you start running the car, re-building gearboxes and engines plus basic running costs, like brake pads, discs, etc. This is before we get into any damage costs.

I've been there and done it, I know what it costs to run a race team at this level and there are some baseline costs that you cannot do without.

Thats before you start paying guys like, Menu and Leslie to drive the cars. Personally I think if Vauxhall want more cars out there, they will have to pay for them. I can't see any privateers in the wings wanting to run free BTC cars let alone buying them at £110,000 a piece.

In anycase its too late in the day to start putting together a deal like this. If you were going to run cars in the BTC, you will have needed to make a decision on it before Christmas at the latest.