Thread: Tech Issue The Sound Of The V6 Turbo PU..
View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 2014, 14:55 (Ref:3383020)   #64
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
Newsflash to some people on here, as modern racing engines get more efficient, the noise will get quieter. This isn't unique to F1 either, so I'm afraid those of you "depressed" by it had better get used to it. The days of screaming V12s are over, never to return.

I'll go to classic meets to experience the engine sounds and smells as they used to be (which I love) but have accepted we need to move on and embrace new technologies, this is 2014 not 1995!
I'm cool about embracing new technologies but there's nothing new about F1 2014... other than it being new to F1. Formula One is 'following the lead set by the road car industry' in terms of fuel efficiency but despite spending gazillions can still only manage to get a single person vehicle to do 8mpg... So it has a bit of a way to go yet in catching up !

F1 is first and foremost an entertainment show. Nobody cares about the incomprehensible and irrelevant technology. Let's see if what they've done this year leads to increased viewing figures. If not, the days of F1 itself may be numbered... never to return