View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2008, 13:45 (Ref:2154679)   #2
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by scholar96
I am making a plee for information about the Ex Pete Knipe DNC, which is the only left hand drive 750 formula car ever built. We are about to start the chassis restoration on this car with a view to racing it in the 750 trophy, I need information on the original specification of the car, the builders name and possbly a contact would be realy good.

So far we think we have established that it was built in the early 1970's, originaly ran 10" wheels, and the engine was laid flat on the right hand side of the car. Late on in its career it was converted to run a fiat engine bit in my opinion this didn't realy work as the car is relatively small and the Fiat is a crossflow engine meaning that the intake is facing the floor.
DNC stands for David Newman Camshafts who are still in business. They may be able to help.

http://www.newman-cams.com/

David won the 72 championship in a DNC Mk3 - is this your car?

I ran a DNC Mk6 in the 80/81 although the engine and driver were in the normal position..