View Single Post
Old 2 May 2012, 13:48 (Ref:3068297)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Welcome!

I'm not a rally expert but that car was registered pretty late by 240RS standards as the cars ran competitively between 1983-85(ish)

There were a handful that ran in the UK Open or National rally series and one of them even found its way onto the circuits in the UK Thundersaloon series driven by one Barrie Williams, as well as the Northern Sports/GT Challenge centred around Oulton Park.

My recollection is that Tony Pond and Timo Salonen drove Nissan Europe entered cars in some World and European events in 1983/84, Terry Kaby joined the programme in 84/85 but that was mainly in Britain plus a few Euro rallies. I can't recall which other drivers used them?

I think Alistair Sutherland also rallied one quite well on the National scene in 1985 before he got his 6R4?

Hope that spurs people into further assistance for you.

My initial reaction is that your car sat somewhere unused and then was registered up to be sold on in 1986?