Thread: Rumours Silverstone sold.......
View Single Post
Old 18 Aug 2013, 11:05 (Ref:3291280)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For a driver it might be great, but they don't make it available too much for track use, and days there are pathetically expensive. On some prices I looked it is comparable to Spa price wise, and come on anyone who compares that place with Spa is on another planet.

My comment about development links to the motorsport industry in this country, it is huge, yet how much of it is anywhere near Silverstone. You have a small business park, a few knackered old units and a racewear company that is so expensive no one uses it. So comparing it to other countries is a little harsh as other countries don't have the core of industry we have motorsport wise.

As for things like parking and food outlets, they will always be dear, captive audience etc.

But the parking thing really does annoy me, the space this place has is incredible, so why on earth do they feel the need to do this? utterly ruthless if you ask me, if they had designed the new bit better in the first place they wouldn't need buses internally which we are now fairly obviously being asked as punters to pay for, aswell as the development of the wing tunnel which is so ridiculously obvious I cant see why the cretins that designed the place didn't see it the first time!

Lots of places pass costs on to punters, but when those costs are the result of appalling planning and development I resent being asked to take the burden, or in my case I wont, I just wont go there again for bigger meetings.