View Single Post
Old 17 Feb 2009, 14:23 (Ref:2399050)   #5
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I work on a fair few Freelanders and Range Rovers. Seeing that you can buy a Freelander for peanuts because of the head gasket problems (apart from that it wasn't a bad engine) its probably worth looking into an alternative power unit and the Zetec 2lt would be a good option and readily available.
I fitted a new modified 4 Lt V8 into a Range Rover last year as most of the originals suffered from the liners moving and cracking.
Although that was a success it would have been cheaper to have brought a different type of 4x4 that had no problems.
Of course when vehicles get on a bit its not just the engine that wears out, but everything else from the drivers seat to the wheel bearings.
So how far do you go ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !