View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2012, 02:43 (Ref:3099243)   #13
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenFan View Post
I don't see much in the results to suggest Michael Lewis is going to be the next American in F1.

I consider this year as almost another championship for Rossi as he'd only run one year in WSR with the old car. You talk about being quick in qualifying, but Wickens had 7 poles in 17 races last year, and only Mercedes gave him a DTM seat.
If Wickens had that good a season just two years prior, he'd be with Red Bull Juniors, and we wouldn't be having this discussion. As far as not seeing much in Lewis's results, he had a better year in Italian F3 than Rossi did in Formula Masters against a similar quality field. Success in F3 can put you in a really good position for a paying future, and he had that success last year and got himself into a Ferrari F1 car for a test in which he actually got to drive the car competitively. He won at Spa and Monza, two very good places to win as a junior driver, and most importantly, he has actual legit sponsorship from some fairly big companies and has a relationship with a top line team in Prema. He could have time to grow, but I'd still like to see him become more competitive as I think he truly has it in him.