Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon S View Post
so?

that's does not make it right or a good idea.

I would love to have done the 12 hour, but the costs were just stupidly high, (as in entry fee alone way higher than most 24H races round the planet).

then they did the tyre and fuel deals which effectively put up the costs even more (and also significantly disadvantaged cars not well catered for by the nominated tyre co).

I am sure most of the Prodsports guys would love to have a crack at it too, but that one event would cost them more than their entire seasons budget and then some.

If the organisers want this event to work, they need to get the costs down, cut the fuel and tyre deals, and get the numbers up.

(it would also help is they figured out how to rent the fuel rigs for the event, this is a significant cost that most people can ill afford to buy for 1 event).
Close to getting it right-- it is hard to describe all the issues to getting big field.
If promoter insists on pitching to ONLY high end competitors then it will fail as an event.It is fundamentally the same flaw Aus Gt has fallen for over a period of time.
The successfull overseas ( success in numerical support) with events like Nurgurgring 24 hour benchmark is that it is accessible to all levels and they are encouraged.It is the rank and file that can make it a success-- not one or two factory supported teams--they will never lead to a success-- but they will always want to be part of a SUCCESSFULL event.
FWIW-- I am not talking about sedans!!-- my specific bias is in GT/Sportscars -- but I do support the idea of classes in general.