View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2011, 13:17 (Ref:2830086)   #7
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I know where there is a rare wire wheeled BGT automatic that can be bought for silly cheap money at this moment
The guy in the workshop next to me has a 63 roadster on a rollover stand fitting almost all the new panels you can buy. He is well aware that he can buy one "ready to go" for less money but he just loves doing it !!!
I keep falling over BGT automatics, everyone tells me how rare and desirable they are but they never sell - 1800cc automatic in the 70s was always too small IMO, couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding. Rarer perhaps with wires, but that's personal preference. I'd rather have Rostyles, they take less looking after.

Yeah the MGB is so popular for home resto...I think it's because so much is available, and it's agricultural engineering. Easy to chase down fauts, easy to fix, just an ideal toy car