Thread: F1-1967 Today
View Single Post
Old 20 May 2009, 08:37 (Ref:2465541)   #86
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ken,

as always, your insight and knowledge go without question, and it is obvous to all that the standards that F1-67 have put into this race car are superb.

Sadly though, as we have seen here, there will always be the damming and dissaproving comments. I too have had exactly the same with the GT40 and 917 over many years, the one great consolation being that we shall be able to enjoy our labours and encourage others to love all aspects of "period" looking, sounding and handling racing cars for a fraction of the cost and long after many of the originals have been mothballed.

I adore historic Sports Racing and GT cars but i simply cannot ever hope to purchase an original 40 or 917, so as i am only here once i have to build up my own, just like people will for this superb F1-67.

It is the designers and engineers that create the history.I hope that F1-67s thrive, but i doubt Mr Ruston will purchase one.

GT
Attached Thumbnails
SwE 285.jpg