Thread: F1-1967 Today
View Single Post
Old 20 May 2009, 15:52 (Ref:2465765)   #93
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
OK then,

How do we stand regarding the hundreds of new build "historic" cars that are built up to comply to racing regulations such as MGB, TRs, etc, etc, etc .................. ???

Many, if not all the build components are new and not even made by the original manufacturers for most of these "also continuation" cars.

Many of our recreations have a greater race history and for a lot longer !!!!!!!!! and do contain many original parts in looks or substance.

We all know that racing cars are a continual development process and wear and tear inevitably means replacing a lot of things, including chassis and bodyshells ..... and chassis plates !!

GT
You now bring the subject full circle to a thread started ages ago.As I have already stated,I think that once a bodyshell has been replaced with a new version and just about everything else for that matter,then you can forget any of the previous "history",thats all been tipped into a skip and has gone forever.The car may carry the number plate,but it IS not "The "car it pretends to be.
When you say that "Many of our creations----------------------contain many original parts",does that mean that your 917 has an original engine/transmission etc?