View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2006, 13:23 (Ref:1766781)   #39
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Unfortunately, the system doesn't really allow for that. They have the two days of official pre-season testing at Silverstone and after that they go straight into the racing season. Somehow this year Team GBR managed to get a couple of days down at Pembrey with Oli Jarvis, but I'm not sure how they did it.

So I think we (or rather they) have to stick with the existing trio. Kerr only got his WSR drive through Surtees. Manning has just announced that he is returned to the IRL full-time next year, but luck didn't run his way at Zandvoort so he probably deserves another chance.

Jarvis was given his chance in Beijing and, I would say took it very well. He may be going Euroseries F3 or even WSR next year, but you can't hold that against him.

You can even make a reasonable case for saying that Kerr should drive in Malaysia, but since his two supporters on here haven't worked that one out, I'm not going to do it for them.