View Single Post
Old 16 Jun 2003, 18:03 (Ref:633252)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Well personally I think it's excellent news. I will not attend if I have to pay to get in but it can only be good for the series. It's all fine and dandy opening it up to ETCC rules but you still need a selling point to bring these new teams in. Events such as a GP and/or CART support event are just up their street. Okay, this is not going to be popular with all of the hardcore BTCC fans but it should help more manufacturers make the decision to join, it will get the series more attention (remember those who came to see CART and went away singing the praises of the BTCC) and it is not part of the championship... so everyone's a winner!

I'm rather concerned about the date pencilled in for Mondello though... that's been Le Mans weekend for the past few years Now I like travelling over to Mondello but, as in 2001 when they clashed, there's no way I'd choose Mondello over Le Mans!!