View Single Post
Old 16 Jun 2011, 03:57 (Ref:2899928)   #224
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown dog View Post
As far as I know the NZV8ST will not be a Motorsport NZ sanctioned race series, although that is not necessarily a bad thing in itself.( the cars will of course have to conform to the NZ rulebook for safety cage homologation etc)

It could be interesting to see how the new NZ V8 stacks up against the NZ Supertourer when the wraps come off it. Sounds like a much more production based car, but details very sketchy at the moment. But looking at the entry list so far for the NZV8ST, if all of the names who have signed up, front up with the cash then it certainly looks like they will have stolen the thunder from the NZV8's! Interesting times ahead for sure
When you say "It could be interesting to see how the new NZ V8 stacks up against the NZ Supertourer when the wraps come off it. Sounds like a much more production based car..." you have lost me. I know there was a meeting recently to discuss class rule changes and I don't know what the outcome was. Exactly what is the "new NZ V8"?

Also, the NZST is definitely not a sanctioned series and they can not offer a "New Zealand Championship" title because of that.

Last edited by on_to_it; 16 Jun 2011 at 03:59. Reason: Omission