View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 2002, 09:25 (Ref:436202)   #24
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Patto and Bondy are on the right Track!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DAVID PATERSON
Why on Earth do you people call extra passenger seats a good thing. The last thing i want when I'm out for a drive is some idiot sitting beside me screaming and praying and tearing grab handles from the mountings.
McLaren F1 - drool, drool, drool but hey!!! how many ten-tenthers have a spare mil to throw around? All a bit esoteric or academic don't you think?

The best car for J-Fred-average is the one that gives most driving pleasure because lets face it, the nut behind the wheel is the dude having the fun and it is the driving that should be giving you the pleasure. Fine machinery is a wonder to behold but lets not lose sight of the fact that driving is a buzz under the right circumstances.

I can remember times when I was screaming in my helmet at the sheer joy of the road, the scenery and the circumstances whilst motorcycling (no I was not scared doggy-doo less!!). Another example, driving along on the dead boring (wait for it 110 Km/hr) freeway from Sydney to Canberra ferrying the family back from visiting relatives. I came across a big cat coupe tooling along, I whipped out to past in the mighty 3300cc Holden/Opel Commodore in a section of whoopty doos (undulations for the uninformed) and glanced over at the driver. I swear it was Damon Hill!!! The Grand Prix had just been run, so why couldn’t it have been Damon? (Tell me I’m wrong if you’re out there Damon! Go on burst my bubble!!). I had a smile from ear to ear to think that I might be sharing a lonely piece of concrete with an F1 hero.

I have probably babbled on a little, but, hope I have caused just a little re-think amongst some of the younger folk out there.

Its a little premature, but, Safe, enjoyable Driving over the holiday period to all Ten-tenthers.