View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2009, 09:42 (Ref:2521759)   #18
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Friel View Post
I don't believe it's a "MSA move". The court had no choice. It appears the fault lies solely with the organisers. I also find it slightly surprising that the Mosler team entered the car into a class which they knew the car wasn't eligible for - unless someone mis-read the regs of course.
Less surprising if, as Martin Short's statement claims, they were given both
Quote:
'verbal and written affirmation that National GT cars were eligible'

Sounds as if the people mis-reading their own regs are SRO....

SRO's management of the series over the last couple of years seems to be a shambles- the best thing the MSA can do for next year is pull the plug and hand the rights to the 'British GT Championship' name over to the Britcar organisers

Incidentally, again from Martin's statement:

Quote:
Ironically, the Jones brothers are racing a car with a current performance advantage due to another technicality. The Ascari was originally only entitled to run in FIA GT3 several years ago because there were relatively few marques available in the European Championship’s first year and without any Ascari entries in Europe this year, the Ascari couldn't be ‘performance equalised’ for FIA GT3, the result of which has been that all Balance of Performance measures accrued for the Ascari over the last 3 years have been dismissed. Consequently, the Preci Spark entry has been running without last year’s 80 kg of ballast, and without the higher 20mm ride height Equalisation measure.

So is the Ascari running in GT3-legal form either....?

This seems to have opened a whole can of worms, and as arnie said, I don't think we've heard the last of this...

I was looking forward to going to the Brands round this year as well- right now I don't think I'll be bothering, the prospect of a grid barely into double figures and the championship decided in a courtroom, rather than on track holds no appeal at all...