View Single Post
Old 16 Nov 2011, 14:54 (Ref:2987255)   #2314
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
At the risk of sounding like an alarmist, and disregarding CTD's suggestion, is it worth considering Audi's inaction in regards to driver lineups the result of a long term, planned exit strategy?

Of the current lineup, the below assumptions *could* be made for 2012:
- McNish, TK, Capello (2/3 - We know Capello's likely out post-LM24).
- Rockenfeller*, Bernhard, Dumas (potential 3/3 - DTM commitments likely for Rockenfeller).
- Lotterer*, Treluyer*, Fassler (2x known non-contracted, 1x unconfirmed but likely).
- Bonanomi (Unconfirmed).

*Potentially conflicting commitments elsewhere.

It might be likely we'll see the full lineup enlisted for 2012 but, is anybody exempting McNish/TK confirmed or, expected to be contracted beyond 2013?

I'm not suggesting Audi's departure will, or won't occur. It's possible Audi are just waiting for the official release to announce confirmations.
Just highlighting a point for consideration (before I'm taken by the firing squad).
Tom K is the driver who in my opinion is most likely to challenge Pescarolo's record of most entries. So yes i expect to see Tom K signed for 2013, especially if Audi continues at Le Mans.