View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2012, 00:09 (Ref:3012123)   #1472
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I have alot of time for Steve Rider. Alot of time. For months he argued very forcefully for our sport against the grain of the BBC bigshots. It wouldn't have won him many friends among the management. This is a guy who could've kept quiet and easily settled into a career hosting the big time golf tournaments but went that extra mile to argue for the sport he's clearly passionate about. He's an old-school broadcaster, very correct and his enthusiasm is seen through his high professional standards. Jake is more modern, more quick with the wisecracks. I'm not sure it's a question of which broadcaster is 'better', it's more of which age you prefer.

The BBC do a good job operationally and when in the field but I'm used to the bigshots of the BBC behaving like moody children and mucking it up from there. The question outstanding for me is why that Ch4 contract wasn't taken up.