View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2673303)   #8
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belatti View Post
I said 1 week, not 2.
Indeed you did - my apologies for my inaccuracy. I did notice the misremembered information but too late to be able to edit the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belatti View Post
But I took the car on friday afternoon just a minute before they closed, they cheked it and I guess they left the car there the whole weekend. I was traevling next week so arrived to pick up the car on thursday and it was already on the floor, so thats even less than a week.
I have seen cars that seem to have extra ride height after new shock absorbers have been fitted (or other suspension work has been undertaken) but those I have seen more thanonce seem to have settled to their previous position within a short time.

The only things I can think of, assuming the garage did not have to remove any suspension components to do the engine work, is that the shock absorbers have somehow locked into a fully extended position, a spring has turned and is not working correctly or the units have been changed for some reason and may not be the correct ones.

My only personal experience of suspension problems after engine work was from a garage who needed to drop an A-Frame unde the engine in order to change a sump panel which had a dripping sump plug. When they refitted the A-Frame they failed to do a wheel alignment check and left the car very willing to steer left but not at all willing to steer right. However the work did not affect the function of the shock absorbers.

It did take them several expensive attempts to get the engine work right despite the fact that there seemed to be nothing wrong at the service other than a frayed cam belt due to a failed bearing cluster. The resultant repair session managed to last 3 months and cost a lot of money.