View Single Post
Old 4 May 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3402065)   #184
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
After spending the Spa weekend in a Gîte with two toilets, a very nice shower, my own bed and a proper kitchen, and the most important two things: a roof with tiles and a central heating system instead of a tent without all these but with a 2 °C night temperature, the lure of going namby-pamby has taken a slight hold of me.....

Tertre Rouge losing a camper in the future?
See your point - never been really tempted by camping at Spa and have sourced a fantastic place to stay where of an evening I can walk down into town for a beer and a meal and, in this year's case, a friendly historic pub where I can watch qualifying on the app.

Le Mans is that little bit different though isn't it? Despite my dire warnings on another social media site, LM isn't likely to get the extreme lows we got overnight this weekend at Spa (and it was cold, I had to move in from my terrace and just leave a big candle burning outside to make me think there was some some outsideness going on)?

Critically they run through the night - and if nothing else a tent with a warm bed in it no more than a couple of minutes away rather than a car 30 minutes off leading to a similar drive makes its own argument.