View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2004, 22:39 (Ref:924546)   #3
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That is far too long a post!

On the point about Gavin's two podiums not really being rewarded. They will be at the end of the year, just at the moment 50% of the results (i.e. one out of two races) don't count, so it is completely skewed. It won't apply at the end of the season. Don't agree with that point or the one about awarding points all the way down I'm afraid.

Not sure I understood the next one about the classes. I think the classes needed to be split in this way (or a way similar to it) to separate out the new breed from the old - just in case they were to run away with it. And at Donington presentations and interviews were with the top three (all class winners) only I think.

King of Kents format - needs tinkering with, and I'm sure Steve would be happy to admit that this is an experimental year. I'm sure he will listen to driver and media feedback and modify it for 2005 according to what people want (he'd be stupid not to), within obvious restrictions. My own view is that there should be races at Croft, Thruxton, Brands, Combe, Mallory and Oulton that count towards the King of Kents Trophy. In addition a driver could count three scores from regional races - no more than one from any region - encouraging people to spread their wings, while being realistic in the amount they will do so.