View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2004, 13:44 (Ref:925242)   #15
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all good points, I was worried this thread would be taken as me bashing the new system and all the hard work of the BRSCC and co.

To give an example of what I mean about the class structure for Ian, I turn to a news paper review in the Bath Chron (our local rag) which has a good report on the race. It states that Ed Moore won the race and class (so what about the class ????) it then gives a few good mentions to Tim Reynolds who was second but also won his class, and Nick Jones who also won his class, it then goes down the field a bit to mention Andy Jones finished 5th in class but 8th overall and Steven Jenson who finished 8th in class and 13th overall ???? do Just in that small review we have

1 - 1
2 - 1
3 - 1

thats three class winners in the top three, There is only a pre/post 90's championship at combe so whats the point of Tim Reylonds or Ed Moore getting a "class win" they doing get any extra points for it ? they don't even get on the championship tables with it...because there is no pre 95/post 90 championship, then nick jones 3rd overall and 1first in his class....so thats fine, Andy Jones fith in class ???? again "so" and 8th overall, great he's on the championship table. Its just confusing and pointless and makes for 5 class winners each race that have nothing to do with the 2 championships. I know its sounds bad but what if Ed Moore had failed to finish tha John Adlam had been the class winner he was around 8 - 9 (I think)it woulc have been John Adlam class winner but 8th overall it would have been great for Jon to get 8th-9th but would he be a deserving class winner for simpley having the cash/time/skill to put together an RF04 ? would he have gained anything being a class winner ? does it confuse people ? (it looks like) and does it devalue the win if your not the pre90/post90 winners - I think yes. You have worked your socks of for that win (or not) there are 2 championships at combe if you didn't win either of those.....you didn't win its as simple as that. I got board listening to the fiver winners read out at the end of the race removing focus from the genuine top 3 (and nicks class win)

Do you see what I am trying to say now Ian ?