View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2004, 15:54 (Ref:925375)   #22
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian I am as calm as the day is long, it just became clear to me after reading reviews and atually racing at the weekend that the work on setting the rules all the same and allowing people to flit from championship to championship was a great step, it really moves some of the stronger drivers around different championships and allows other drivers to broaden their experiences if they have time and cash. However the ammount of people that spoke to me, and didn't get what was going on, the ammount of class wins that was going on was frustrating, people asking me how Both Tim and Ed won but they where first and second, then why did Nick win if he was third and how was someone 17th yet a winner etc etc, and these where people who (apparantly) had been watching combe for ages. Its not a gripe its only my own view and I was just curious to see what others thought, it seems to be a little bit of a step backward from the simple aim of winning and being "they guy at the front"
I'm also a bit worried that you said there is only 1 combe championship I was certain they where still running post/pre 90's

nice to see other peoples views though