diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Partial
Quote:
Originally posted by Biggun
so why should people be criticised for placing more important things higher in their list of financial priorities.

I find diz's attitude particularly insulting to those of us who lack the funds to go racing at all, and should like to see if his attitude would change should he cause considerable damage to his own car.
Also, what's wrong with Combe? It's pretty much the home of ff1600 these days, so to not have a proposed 'national' race there is preposterous. By the bye, in my experience of fifteen plus years of spectating at combe, it appears that the people who have been quick there are generally quick everywhere else too, so any 'home advantage' wouldn't make any difference anyway. Plus, most of the quick people in Kents seem to be people who cut teeth at Combe anyway.
Biggun,
1. If you read the whole of this thread and other FF1600 threads on TT you will see that I am not a driver - just an impoverished co-ordinator of the most populated regional FF1600 series [North West] - sorry Jadlam and all the Combe Forum Members for pointing this out.

2. I explain earlier that it would be fairer to have either neutral venues, or at least one venue per region within a mini National Series. The 2003 series was Brands, Silverstone GP, Thruxton and Combe. Not a good split for Midland and Northern drivers and with a definite bias towards the Combe regulars.

3. Daly's reply to your post just about covers what is wrong with Combe regulars view of their own supposed superiority in the overall FF1600 scheme of things.

4. Perhaps the most meaninful contribution on this thread is :-
Originally posted by diz
stick a round each in for the other 3 regionals, A Mallory for the SOM, an Oulton for the NW and a Lydden for the SFFC
-----------------------------------------------------------
Sounds the best idea perhaps, add in the Thruxton and the Silv GP nad you'd have a meaningful mini-series which numbers or people could well do without affecting the Regionals...

If JR Ewing agrees with me, I must be talking some sense.

5. so why should people be criticised for placing more important things higher in their list of financial priorities.
As a lot of content on TT is "tongue in cheek", please don't take it too seriously, but I am struggling to think of "more important things" than FF1600 racing.

6. I find diz's attitude particularly insulting to those of us who lack the funds to go racing at all

Sorry if you feel insulted Biggun. Take it all in good spirit, but most of all not too seriously, or to heart