View Single Post
Old 13 Nov 2022, 17:59 (Ref:4133512)   #31
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Sorry, Akrapovic. I didn't mean to imply you had said it wasn't pure. I was more making a comparison with qualifying, something often termed as a pure event - fuel load down, engine turned up, flat out, driver on their own - no team egging them on or fellow drivers to race against. But I just felt that the sprint was a valid precursor to the Grand Prix.

I also understand from what you said that you think there is less chance of anomalies in grid position in terms of speed when you have a sprint than when you have qualifying, and that is not so good for an exciting Grand Prix. I'm not sure that's the case, given that precisely because Formula 1 doesn't always provide so many overtaking opportunities, quicker cars may still end up 'out of position' on the grid for the Grand Prix.
Ah totally fair, my bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I just never saw a good reason to introduce them in the first place, there was and still is nothing wrong with qualifying
Qualifying is great. But I don't mind more racing. I just think it can be better thought out.