Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
So we are looking at different sides.

Your argument is: Macau doesn't need the TCR World Tour to be successful. I partially agree with you.

My argument is: the TCR World Tour should focus on successful events, rather than do standalone races with small crowds.

I hadn't heard of the Bangsaen Grand Prix. The venue is certainly impressive, though it's not known worldwide as Macau.
Both ideas are definitely valid, I'm also part-Thai so have some vested interest in seeing the region grow, but it's just my feeling that winning the Guia is a massive prize in itself hence why Huffy keeps going back!

Bangsaen is slightly wider and they have had pretty enjoyable TCR Asia races in the past, and they also make the pitlane work for GT driver swaps somehow. It's also slightly slower, so fewer 'massive' accidents and a smaller bill coming out of the weekend as a result.

Another issue is the quality of marshalls and track staff. Macau probably has the best marshalls in the world. Aside from the bigger accidents, obviously, they were able to clear stationary cars under local yellows throughout most of the weekend this year. It's a bit more average in Thailand, alongside a shorter lap, which does mean a fair amount of time spent behind the safety car. And there's probably also a very well-established freight route in place for international teams...