View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2010, 10:41 (Ref:2723960)   #110
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I find this new pug being ready very believable - the ACO quite often give out a set of rules to manufacturers before they are oficially released to the public, I dare say Pug and Audi actually wrote the new 2011 engine regs in collaboration with the ACO which has been done several times before.........I know for an absolute fact thats what the ACO did with one team for this years race, but I "think" I was told in confidence so will keep quite about who it was....... but you should be able to work it out!!!

so pi55ed mechanics telling more than they should - I find it highly believable to be honest.........a few years back I was very VERY reliably told that Dr Ulrich got drunk at a formula palmer audi bash and blurted out that Audi had developed a V12 diesel LMP1 and it was 2 seconds a lap quicker than the R8........I posted the thread on 10-10ths and everyone ridiculed me as usual........which is a sad state of affairs to be honest.

my bet is still on both Audi and Pug going the diesel route, because by maths its still a set of highly bent regulations which will allow them a big advantage over privateers with gasoline engines.