View Single Post
Old 5 May 2004, 22:48 (Ref:962061)   #6
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who thinks race in France might be a whole heap of fun.

This years calendar is/was: Nogaro, Le Vigeant, Spa, Magny Cours, Charade, Brands Hatch, Ledenon and Dijon.

The chap who runs my Formula Renault (Nick) in the UK has a beautiful Dallara 382 which I am either going to rent from him for next seasons racing or else buy it from him, if he will agree to sell it. What we are planning to do is to have Nick look after, certainly the Dallara, and transport the cars to each race and then run them at the race meetings.

What we are looking for is an owner/driver of an F3 car who wants to share the cost of transporting the cars and the cost of running the cars at the meetings. However a sense of Joie de vie is essential. From a practical point of view in order to make the transporting work - Nick Edginton - the chap who looks after my car www.ercr.co.uk would at the very least have to store any teammates car in order to get the transporting to work. I am sure that Nick would also be happy to source a suitable F3 car for someone who wanted to race and/or rebuild and/or set up and maintain this type of car.

This is not meant to be any type of mega bucks historic racing, rather a way of enjoying racing in well turned out cars that are mechanically reliable.

If anyone wishes to talk in more detail then please PM me.