Thread: A1 Bankrupt!
View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 2009, 18:55 (Ref:2578376)   #119
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Bender, there was good feedback from others on the nation vs. nation concept. Got an opinion?
Now you ask......I think the concept was good but fatally flawed because the best drivers in the world are in the main games F1 and Indy Cars.While there were some good drivers in the field,there were also a lot who weren't up to it,and its hard to get people excited about watching drivers they have never heard about about.
The A1 cars werent a big enough drawcard on thier own,here in NZ the V8 Supercars are the big crowd puller,A1 should have piggybacked with them to get established.I also think car racing fans prefer to support a driver or team,the nation vs nation was an idea,but it never works unless you have national teams like the Olympics.
Also you have the popular GP2 series in Europe,and to be honest I prefer watching GP2 races over the A1 races.
Could go one but it is very hard to create an event out of nothing and make it popular straight away,you need bags of money and time.