View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2005, 12:09 (Ref:1202913)   #31
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elio
I have a feeling that the GP circuit will be nowhere near as "great" as it is at the moment if they get the FIA licence to run A1GP. I`d sooner have it great for the HSCC/BSB/BTCC meetings that it hosts, than have it muted for the sole A1GP event. There`s no point ruining it for a series which may never happen, and if it does, is probably unlikely to have the longevity of all the other serious race series in the UK.
What makes you think there are any plans to change the layout of the GP circuit? I would imagine the main changes will be to run off areas rather than to change the shape of the circuit in any way. Things like armco barrier will have to be raised and moved and I suspect some areas will need levelling in the spectator area. The Indy circuit already holds a FIA licence by the way.